Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week 16, 04/27/2010

Well it is now officially been 4 months. I started this diet at 378lbs. About a year ago I was 400lbs. A year ago I was not dieting or cardio, I just would lift heavy weights. Let me tell you how uncomfortable it is to be that big. Things that normal sized people probably don’t think about like shopping for clothes, driving in a Japanese car, bathrooms, even sleeping. Well now I am about to turn 29 years old on May 4th which is in a week. I didn’t do as well as I wanted but I still feel so much better. I have now officially lost 57lbs in 4 months. The guy that told me about this diet said he lost 60lbs in 4 months and he was like 60 years old. Well guess what I almost did exactly as good as he did. I am 321lbs. I have gone from a 54 inch waist to about a 46. My wife took out a bunch of my old pants and there was a whole bunch of 46’s. I also have a bunch of 38’s that I don’t think my wife has ever seen me in. lol.

I have tried a few different thing to see if I could find a better way to eat/workout. Well from my experiences I have found that doing cardio with a weight lifting routine works the best. I didn’t notice a difference with just cardio. Also I tried adjusting my diet to 3 cookies and 3 small snacks. Nothing worked as good as when I stuck with the cookie diet only and a 700 calorie dinner. There is nothing better than weighing yourself 2-3 times a week and seeing it move down every time. All I can say is that if you are struggling with sticking to a diet, that you are doing yourself no good if you try and cheat. The sooner you can get yourself to a good weight, the sooner you can stop dieting and making sure you don’t go crazy. Stick with it. It is not going to happen overnight. I went and bought clothes from a normal store this weekend. Guess what? They fit and look great! I am so happy that I have done this for myself and my family.

You can also see it is difficult for me to stay motivated with blogging my thoughts. But I will try and let people know where I am at.