Tuesday, February 9, 2010

WEEK 5! 02-09-2010

So you might have thought that I gave up. It’s true… that a lot of fat people give up. Diets are hard and food is tempting. Well, I would like everyone to know that I have not quit. 2 weeks ago I started working out and I think my body needed a little bit to adjust to these new conditions. Well as of this morning I am officially 346lbs, totaling 32lbs lost. I am very motivated to make this the last time that I have to diet to loose weight.

One thing that I know is that if your not eating healthy AND not working out, you can only expect one outcome… to be fat or out of shape. Well, if you are there then you have to make your body go backward from where you are currently at. The quickest and best way to do that is to watch what you’re putting in your mouth (and I don’t mean bite by bite). Eat better and exercise. The last 2 weeks I have been slowly getting ramped up to where I am at with both cardio and weight lifting. The weight lift is light and brief but my cardio has been where I have lost the most weight. 30-45 minutes a day is all I have been able to do and I believe that if you never stop or rest in that 30 minute workout it will be more than enough. So my work out looks a little like this… Monday I do 15 minutes on the Elliptical and then go to do my weight lifting. I used to be into power lifting so I have not been pushing myself for the strength but rather to tone. But I do chest and Biceps. You can do whatever you want. Tuesday 15 minutes on the Elliptical and then I work my back and shoulders. Wednesday 15 minutes on the Elliptical and do legs. Thursday and Friday I focus strictly on cardio. 30 minutes on that Elliptical will get you those results.

Another thing that I have done is that I am slowly getting away from the cookie thing. The diet is good but I don’t think it is the key to my success. It did however give me the strength to eat properly. You shouldn’t be eating whatever you want when you’re hungry. You need to watch the calorie intake and limit yourself to how much you put in at a time. Just your heart pumping burns calories. You need to focus on eating throughout the day in little meals. Actually not meals, but snacks. I have been doing little snacks with the cookies (like Special K bars). Whatever snacks you can find under 100 calories are probably ok. The cookies do however fill you up a little better. But you know you will be craving something different and the cookies are really expensive. I love also that you don’t have to prepare any food for the day.

One last thing to mention…. I don’t need Exlax anymore. It’s gross but you should know that the plumming is working better/normal.